View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

2013 Regular Season

Week 5

Bye, so I look around for a receiver that may help us and find nobody better than what we have. This may be a draft priority, along with a MLB and a Guard and a......

With Foles cooling his heels behind a very ineffective Matt Cassel I am beginning to wish I had just kept Jennings and tried to trade him before the draft. Well at least we can get healthy with the week off.

Week 6

Carolina 3-1 at Minnesota 0-4

Who the hell are these guys? Matt Cassel connects on a 66 yard bomb to Kevin Dorsey 4 minutes in and we just explode. By the time Carolina finally scores on a Derek Anderson to Greg Olson pass late in the 2nd quarter, we already have 31 points! The defense gives us short fields twice in this span, recovering 2 fumbles (both by Jared Allen) inside the Panther 30 and Cassel is a very efficient 14-21, 220 and 3 TD's for the day. Adrian Peterson chips in 124 yards on only 13 carries and we hold Jonathon Stewart to 42 yards.
Final: Minnesota 41 Carolina 10

That was the tonic we needed and we come out of the game healthy, with Locke now probable and AP (strained rotator cuff, which will not result in any missed time) our only casualties.

Checking in the "Sage of the Gridiron" he rates the 10 best deep passers in the NFL as follows.

Ranked 1-10
Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Ben Rothlisberger
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler
Philip Rivers
Alex Smith
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote