View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

The Wausau Ice Donkeys (BasketPulse)

Team Logo

So I opted to give BasketPulse a try (see brett32z's dynasty for more details).

Say hello to the Wausau Ice Donkeys. Thus far, we've only played one game since I took over, but more on that in a second.

PG Tristian Outlawe (25) - 6'5, 64 current/81 peak
Best skill is 3 point shooting (5). Everything else is 3s and 4s.Signed through the end of the season for 400 euros. Shot 100% for 10 points, 2 assists, and 3 steals in our opener, but was limited to 10 minutes because of fouls.

SG Thayer Arcadia (16) - 6'0, 71 current/365 peak
Our franchise player in both current and potential, consequently signed to 5 years at 600 euros a season. He played SG in our first game, but because of his height, I'm switching him to PG and the big guard Outlawe is shifting to SG. Currently 4s in everything. Team captain. 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals in the opener, with a 60/33/50 shooting line. Obviously The Man.

SF Saul Follywolle (23) - 6'9, 56 current/88 peak
Previously played for the disbanded New Jersey Nets2 in World League 6.20 as a 13 MPG reserve, where he put up good shooting numbers. Won Player of the Match in our opening win despite unworthy numbers because he made a key play or something. IDK. PotM logic needs reworking imo. Anyway, all 3s and 4s here. Expiring 400 euro contract.

PF Ronin Merden (25) - 6'9, 44 current/67 peak
I'm going to replace this dude as soon as possible. Absolute garbage player with okay 4s and 3s athletic skills for this level, but 2s and 3s elsewhere. He won't be back next season.

CE Jamal Stepney (25) - 6'11, 59 current/76 peak
Stretch five with 5 in 3 point shooting and a surprising 4 in passing. Scored 26 points in our win, though was 33% from the line (3/9) and actually had a -2 Individual +/-, but he also played 29.1 minutes (Note: games in this league are 40 minutes rather than 48)

Our bench players are mostly trash, save for:

SG Jovanni Cockanye (23) - 6'0, 61 current/93 peak
5 in Contesting Shots and shot 75% for 7 points and 4 steals in our first game.

Ope, as I was typing this...

Signing: PF Francisco Walton (24) - 6'9, 63 current/86 peak - 5 years, 755 euro a season
His market value is 753 euro, so I overpaid slightly to get a massive upgrade at the 4. He has a 5 in Speed, making him instantly our fastest player on the roster. Averaged 5 points on low shot attempts the last two seasons for the now-defunct Summer in World 6.7. Immediate starter.

I spot a guy in the free agency market who would instantly become our best player by a long shot and would hopefully go far in getting us off the bottom rankings of the league power ratings (12th/dead last in US league, 32nd and what I can only presume is last in International league).

I strongly recommend also following brett32z's dynasty, as he's far more advanced and can explain the mechanics better. This is just you getting to see the ground floor of a scrub team and the build-up

BTW, this reminds me a *lot* of Rocking Racquets, and maybe I should have done what Brian Swartz did and take over a team in say, Morocco, but too late now

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote