View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 11:41 PM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

Long story short, we did indeed lose to Celtic Saints, but have swept our first round opponents in USA 3.1 playoffs. We'll doubtless get swept in turn in Round 2 - their lowest rated player is better than Dante Griffin. In fact, that team should win the whole thing.

International League wise, playoffs start soon. We're facing a Spanish team ironically called American Eagles2 and we should have absolutely no difficulties sweeping them. We're the 5th seed of the Top 8, so I suspect we'll have a Round 2 bowout.

We've signed a 21 year old player for next year - a Spanish kid to a 5 year deal who will step in the starting lineup to replace Francis Damsell, even though our new player has a noticeable weakness area. I'm hoping I can fix that with the right training.

Teamwise, Dante Griffin is still our clear star scorer, Jules Veldman our top rebounder and #3 scorer. Guillermo Martinelli is our #2 scorer and between him and Griffin, we've got two guys who have been playing great 3&D with scoring knack for this level. I'd say Martinelli is actually our best player overall, even though Griffin appears to have higher scoring instincts.

Not sure how much I'll push in for next year just yet. Have to wait and see how it goes.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote