View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 09:07 PM   #6677
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was cast as Sherlock Holmes in the play Baskerville a little more comical version of Sherlock holmes tale. The director assured me that blocking and such would be safe. We got into blocking and...everyone is wearing masks...but the director isn't spacing everyone despite our stage being huge. yself I would always take a step or two away from people and still make it seem natural. But others did not in fact the Watson stupidly keeps speaking DIRECTLY at people. All this made me uneasy so I asked him and the stage manager again if we could make things safer and wondered how we were doing the play. He said no masks. But can we space things out better? Yeah yeah he said. Then we went right back the next week doing the same thing...some scenes could be spaced...others not. And he expects me to keep doing this with Mr Indiana Watson spewing his particles at me from point blank range. Oh yes and there WILL be an audience. a huge audience that will be spaced. Do I believe that the audience will keep their masks on? Not a fucking chance in this very rural suburb. So even tho the facility (a community arts center) seemed on the ball and masked...it seems that they let things go. Like a dance studio there where all the kids were not wearing masks while dancing. They said "oh but their temps are taken!" SO FUCKING WHAT!?!?!?

I could not take the chance....Last weekend things went to Purple in Ohio but they didn't call it purple because our governor lost his balls to the red senate and of course trump will cry if he tries to save people.

So dewine will NOT cancel anything until after the election for certain.

So I had to quit. It was sad to give up a sweet lead role...but I feel I'd certainly get covid if I continued. They just aren't being safe. They understood, wished me well, ..yet seem to be full steams ahead in their way of doing a full blown production.

and despite this being more abstract farce they seem to be doing big sets for every scene...which isn't really what is needed here. sigh I hate community theatre sometimes...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote