View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

The Purple Dragon's Roar (FM14)

So while digging around for a team to pick, I stumbled across this awesome fictional team turned real team called the Harchester United Dragons, who are based near Hull.

The real team logo looks like this:

The fictional team logo looks like this:

Too awesome not to include, right? So I edited Egerton in Cheshire Division Two to be the new Harchester United team, based in Hull, with 2013 as their original founding date, as per real life. What this means is that it will be a while before we can get into cup play, because a club needs to be in existence fore three years.

No stadium, but the default setup, which is below average/average for stuff for Egerton.

I'm implementing a 4-2-2-2 rigid control pressing tactic, in which I learn much about player instructions and the ideal set piece tactics.

To use this tactic, I hunted for 10 Natural Fitness, 10 Pace, 10 Stamina guys as much as possible, ignoring everything else for now. Sometimes I had to sacrifice Pace a bit, but I cobble together a lineup.

Friendly vs Ecclesfield
G: Dermot McMurray (27)
D: Ray Shearwood (23)/Mark Ruddock (28)/Danny Farthing (30)/Leon Drysdale (31)
MC: Simon Willis (19)/Chris Melia (28)
AMLR: Callum Amis (17)/Alex Benjamin (31)
S: Mark Threlfall (26)/Mykel Beckley (27)

I was just watching the match for now, not necessarily planning to make a dynasty of it, as I wanted to test things out. But then this lineup went out and destroyed the opposition 5-0

It's even more incredible because there are no attack roles in this formation. It's all defense and support, kind of like a dragon who just prefers to chill in his lair, but if you invade, watch out!

Warrington Reserves and Maine Road Reserves are joint 1-5 favorites to win the 16 team league. Everyone else, including us, is a 5000-1 longshot to win.

Need to head out for a bit, but I have hope in these Dragons (for at least moving up to Level 11 anyway...)

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote