View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - We edge Buffalo 20-17. Witt was our Game MVP with 163 yards on 24 carries plus a score. Webb had a subpar game, but hit Wagner for a score. DT Meadows had a sack and a half. Witt was also NFL Offensive Player of the Week.

Now CB Casey Bartell has been knocked to doubtful. Tim Harris is healed, so I swap them on the roster.

Week 15 - We defeat the Titans 17-3 at our place. Backup LB Rob Neele is game MVP with a pick returned for a score. FB Gerhardt caught our lone offensive TD. Morabito had a pick. Kadanoff had 2 sacks. Meadows had 2.5. Witt had 90 yards.

LB Ed Feely has been knocked to doubtful and is deactivated again. DT Wilber is good and back. S Nicky Peterson is felling hale and hearty and is back.

We are fighting 13-1 Denver for the #1 spot in the playoffs. Considering my QB issue, I cannot let up the pressure because I need every advantage we can get.

I expect to lose next week, away at the 9-5 Bengals with Webb as my QB.

Week 16 - We lose 17-21. Denver won so it looks like we are locked into the #2 spot. Ah well. S Burke had a pick for a score and Kadanoff recovered a fumble and rumbled it 74 yards back for a score. If we could have scored just one TD on offense, we would have won. Witt was held to 35 yards. Glenn and Torres also recovered fumbles.

Talley is back from injury.

Week 17 - We crush the Colts 31-17. Well, I think of it as a crush. Witt is Game MVP with 2 rushes for scores, 218 yards on 27 carries. Rar! Webb hit Wagner for a score. Glenn, Peterson, Burke and Carlson each had picks. Severson added 6 KRB. Witt was NFL Offensive Player of the Week.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote