View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #245
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Tony Clements. In a year when the attention is on Shepherd, and he will get an award in a bit, Clements had the best year of his life, and for a guy who now has three rings, that is saying something.
Defensive Player of the Year: S Eric Carlson. He has fully shown faith in the 1st round pick I invested in him. Tackles and picks were both top on the team and led the team in passes defensed with 9. That’s three major categories to lead in, so there is no question that Carlson is my DPOTY.
Special Teams POTY: P Steve Washington - Everybody was down except for Washington, who increased his yards/punt more than one yard over last’s year’s number.
Rookie of the Year: RB Heath Shepherd. We can’t say anything that has not already been said.
Heart Award: FB Danny Gerhardt -This guy was cut from our team and signed back as a patch mid year. He still ended with 12 KRB out of 20 KRO for a high percentage there, caught a TD pass from Clements, had a lower sack percentage than three starting O Linemen, and was a solid performer for us.

Player of Import Leaving Us Next Year:

WR/KR/PR Xavier Ornelas
FB Danny Gerhardt
S Junior Burke

Marvin Graham won another All pro award

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote