WR Wendell Gustin, 45/57
DE Richard Packard, 15/50
RB Reggie Walsh, 26/48
LB Roosevelt Nagel, 25/47
CB Randall Curtis, 22/47
DT Darrell Coffey, 16/43
OT Terrell Terry, 10/36
DE Lamar Franklin, 12/34

Not a good draft class. I doubt many of these players will get professional contracts once their rookie one is up. Best chance of that is Rathbone would be my guess. He could develop into a solid starter down the road and I may keep him if he does. Otherwise, this draft is a patch meant to get me through this season and hit the next offseason where I can try to find more permanent solutions.

I only have 7 players whose contract runs up at the end of this season, so I will have an opportunity to splice a lot of players onto next year’s roster. I have several professional staff coming up for a reup next year, Ross Matthews, Leon Morabito, Eric Carlson, Orlando Wells and Marty Brennan, but the only rookie contract next year I’ll need to look at is FB Warren Dole, and I can let him go without any loss of conscience.

We finish the preseason 3-1 and have a few injuries. Orlando Wells is dinged but will play. WR Thomas Foster will play through his injury. LB Quinn Burroughs is questionable but I will play him. Backup S Jon Berdys is questionable and I deactivate him.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote