View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #299
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We open the season with a win at the Colts 34-21. Shepherd is Game MVP with 121 yards on 20 carries, but FB Dole had two scores on the ground including a 52 yarder. Lincoln, on his one carry of the day, go a TD as well. Clements hit Foster for his lone score, but Baker had 123 yards on 5 grabs. Meadows opens the season with 1.5 sacks. Westbrook had a pick. Brennan had 5 KRB and Conley opened his NFL career with 4.

However, Warren Dole broke his arm and is out for 2-3 months. I toss him on IR and activate Blaine Clancy. There is the end of Dole’s career with me. I doubt I’ll retain him now,

WR Wagner is doubtful and deactivated. Foster drops to doubtful as well I sign WR Hugh Tindale to get us through this WR mess and deactivate Foster as well. WR Gustin will be starting along with Baker until someone gets healed. I increase our run attempts over the next few weeks, so we can lean on Shepherd a bit more.

QB Wayne Webb, of the Giants, was NFL Offensive Player of the Week, our former backup. That reminds me:

My QBs:

QB Jerome Allard, Arizona Cardinals, 15th year. Allard currently holds the record for most passing yards, attempts and TDs in a career over the past 17 years.

QB Artie Switzer, Indianapolis Colts, 10th year. Not the starter anymore after they signed a major QB.

QB Wayne Webb - Now with the Giants and doing well. He has a professional contract and is very developed. Last year, his first as a starter, he had 77.0 rating.

QB Marlon Strickland, Seattle Seahawks, 11th year. This is his first year as a full starter, although he has had years with 8 or 9 starts. You’ll recall that I drafted him with the Lone Stars, he competed with Tony Clements with me considering each as my starter, Clements won, I traded Strickland, he was dropped later and I signed him for a year during my first year at Albuquerque

Week 2 - We win against Buffalo 31-28. Shepherd was Game MVP with 2 TD runs and 97 yards on 21 carries. Clements hit Baker and Gardener for scores, and hit new signee Tindale for a 2 point conversion. C Brennan had 4 KRB.

OT Rathbone has been knocked to questionable. I deactivate him.

Week 3 - We defeat the Jets in our place 39-10. S Travis Westbrook is Game MVP with a 64 yard pick and return and 2 picks total. DT Bieniemy and Matthews had 1.5 sacks each. Shepherd had 166 yards on 18 carries plus two scores. Clements hit Baker for a score, and Baker wound up with 137 yards on 9 grabs. Shepherd was NFL Offensive Player of the Week.

OT Corey Conley is questionable but will start.

Week 4 - We lose in Jacksonville 17-30. Gustin had a 55 yard TD reception from Clements while Haase had a 90 yard receiving play for a score. Shepherd was held to just 35 yards. Rebensdorf had a pick.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote