View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #915
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I know it's not. I'm only saying how I think the law of diminishing returns applies here. The more it's used, the less effective it becomes with each use within a game.

Not sure about its long-term viability as a strategy, regardless of one's role.

Look this was my line of thinking for voting for myself the first day.

I didnt know who was bad and who was good; I knew I was good but I couldn't prove it to anyone. And rather than have long drawn out discussion over random picking and guesses...I decided to bite the bullet and vote myself. My theory being that this would separate the wolves from the villagers...I surmised most villagers would take the high road while some of the wolves would vote for my demise or at least vote initially then pull off to prevent being implicated. My credability would be lost; therefore I wouldn't be worth killing because I would always be suspect to the villagers and thus a diversion for the wolves.

Day 2 I vote for myself again; I unvote me, but I was probably going back to voting me but I went out on Friday night (I actually have a social life). It was an Oh Sh*t moment because of the death's of three Jedi, I knew I would be suspect number 1. I figured damn the torpedos and vote me again to prove my innocence or at least challenge for my survival...I really thought I would be lynched.

Day 3 I finally vote on the implications against Dubb; The Jedi won out.

Day 4 I have no idea again...but that was my line of thinking before for voting myself.

I have to go and pick my girlfriend up and won't be back until after the lynch vote. Good luck to all and may the force be with you.

Oh and I apologize for being harsh in the above post; Any strategy is a good one, this game isn't just about weeding out the baddies; it's about survival too...I took a gamble.

Do what you will.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote