View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #313
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our finances:

I have a transfer budget of 13 mill, none of it spent

I have a salary budget of 1.16 mill/week. We are currently at 220k under so we have a little room there.

We have no major injuries.

I look at my squad…

I have a big fat squad of three loanees and 23 other players

Let’s get you (and me) caught up. I’ll start with everyone of my players with a key or first team status.

I am skipping my three first team loaners for this purpose.

I have ten first team and key players:

GK Benoit Costil

He has been our starter for four years, and he’s fine. Last year he had 13 shut out across various competitions and a 6.97 rating. He only has a three star rating and I could see bringing in another guy at some point in time. I’d give him a 3

DC Rob Holding

Holding is our only key player on the squad and at 4 stars is pretty good at this level. He’s very well rounded and I love his mental stats. I can also use him as a solid DMC if I wanted to, although I like him too much at DC for that. 3. I like him and he is locked in for me. He’s young at 25 and one of our best players. I have no intention of swapping him out.

DC Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

Our other DC is this guy. He’s fine in most places but I prefer a better passing at this level and his tackling isn’t selling him to me. 2 for now as I enjoy his speed and physical gifts and his mentals are fine as well. However I may replace him sooner than later.

DMC/MC Bibars Natcho

Natcho is an Israeli force. He can play any of the middle center roles. He’s a 2. I like him and his stuff but he’s too old to keep for too long. He’s my Kona.

DMC/MC Otavio

Here is 27 year old Brazilian Otavio. Note that he’s well round and solid and has a 3.5 star rating. I like him as a Deep Lying Playmaker at DMC. He’s a 2 for me. He’s fine for now and yet I could see a replacement at some point in time.

DM/M/D Center Lukas Lerager

Lerager is a 27 year old international. He’s a 3.5 rating which is fine and he plays the same spots at Otavio and Natcho. I’m not sure who I like best from them, but it’s hard to give a first team rating to all three. None of them feel like an obvious AMC to me and I don’t like Lerager enough at DC to run him out there either. One of these three could wind up being expendable. 2 for him as well.

ML, AML, ST Takuma Asano

Just a 3 star rating, and I don’t like him for ST at all with that low of a finishing. I also don’t like that first touch or technique here either. 0 I expect to look somewhere else for him.

DL/DR Sergi Palencia

3.5 stars at fullback. I don’t like him much either. There’s no passing or first touch, crossing or heading, technique. He’s fast, and savvy, but I need a better presence at fullback. 0. He’s not long for this team.

ML/AML/ST/AMC Admir Mehmedi -

Mehmedi is 30 year old and better. Flair is great. First touch and technique, and more. I’d like better cross and pass from an AML or ML, and he’s on the slower side for this level. He’s probably a better AMC than AML but he doesn’t know it well. 1. Age and lack of speed and passing make him a target for improvement.

AML/ST AMRC Nicolas de Preville

De Preville lacks finishing so I see him as a support role not a attacking one. I like him elsewhere and yet that poor crossing is rough to see. 2 for now as I have other targets of opportunity and I may keep him starting for a year. Note we have two guys who naturally play ML and AML on first team roles.

And there we have it!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote