View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
hollmt
High School Varsity

I need to travel to Chorrol where Jauffre resides in a place called Weynon Priory. My escape from prison for petty theft happened to place me in a prison cell that miraculously or conveniently had a secret escape passage for the Emperor who just happened to be escaping from assassins a few nights prior. I don’t know much about it, nor do I really know if I WANT to know much about it right now. However, I made a promise to the Emperor and to Baurus to deliver this “Amulet of Kings” to Jauffre. Either way the Emperor is now dead and I am obliged to do some leg work.

I arrive in Chorrol and ask around to the whereabouts of Jauffre and Weynon Priory and make my way there. Jauffre doesn’t seem too pleased to see me and questions why I have the dead Emperors amulet to which I explain that the Emperor saw something special in me…Jauffre explains to me that a Daedra named Mehrunes Dagon, the Lord of Destruction is now in danger of invading the world with no Emperor in place. I mention to Jauffre that the Emperor told me of a mysterious son that he had to which Jauffre confirmed. He gives me orders to find this son, named Martin, who resides as a priest in Chapel Akatish in Kvatch. Thankfully, Jauffre begins to warm up to my charm and offers me some new weapons and tells me to visit the other brothers in the house for any assistance. I do just that and am given a new horse to ride across the countryside with, a book which affords me some knowledge on new blocking skills, and a repair hammer to fix my broken gear. Nice brothers…

I decide to put off the search for Martin just now as I feel I have more important things to do. I take a visit to the Inn in Chorrol and come across an old man named Valus Odiil who tells me of his concern for his two sons who are waiting for him to go defend their farm from strange creatures attacking from the woods. He tells me of his fear and his old age will be of no help and asks for my assistance to which I again oblige. I meet up with his sons, Antus and Rallus outside of Weynon Priory and we proceed to the Odiil farm. We are greeted there by an initial attack from 3 goblins to which we easily destroy. I am unable to use my trusted bow in these attacks which make me a bit nervous, but my faith in my blade is still solid. Another attack again by 3 more goblins is brushed off however, Antus is suffering some injuries. I try and place myself in between the final wave of 4 goblins, including the goblin leader, but Antus falls dead soon after leaving myself and Rallus to fight the remaining goblins. We both survive and I loot the corpses. We head back to town and I sadly inform Valus that one of his boys died in the attacks. Stricken with grief and now in need of funeral money, Valus rewards me with 25 gold. I gladly accept and go about my way.

Having overheard some gossip in town about the Countess Valga being upset about a stolen painting, I make my way to the Castle to investigate. Valga informs me that a painting of her late husband has been stolen and she suspects some individuals and would like me, a complete stranger with no bias, to question each of them and investigate the situation. She offers me a key to most the rooms in the castle, and me being a thief, gladly accept!

I first question the castle herald, Laythe Wavrick who only tells me that Orgnolf has a drinking problem. Laythe proves to be completely worthless. I go and find Orgnolf, who proves to be a grumpy old man that is not in any mood to volunteer any information. I in turn charm him with my speaking prowess and finally he gives in. He tells me how the night in question, he argued with a delivery boy in the Great Hall who had an accident with a wine shipment in the rain. He also mentions that the rest of the night he was in his room. I search his room afterwards and find only alcohol.

Bittneld, the Captain of the Guard is my next interview. He is fairly straight and to the point and tells me that he was on patrol that night, but remembers seeing Chanel spend a lot of time in the castles west tower but that Chanel tells him, she is merely working on her magical research. I quickly go find Chanel and ask her about this and she tells me she was taking star readings that night and then went to the dining area and straight to bed. My last interview is an orc named Orak who said he was in the castle the entire night and didn’t see either Orgnolf or Chanel. He does mention that he saw Orgnolf drinking in the west tower and threatened him about it, to which Orgnolf apparently stopped.

After questioning everyone I am suspicious of Chanel for 2 reasons. Firstly she supposedly told Bittneld that she was doing magical research, but didn’t mention this to me at all. She told me she was doing star readings on a night that 2 other people said was raining…that is strange. Orgnolf is a drunk sure, but he hasn’t lied to me it seems. I search Orgnolfs room again though and find nothing, as well as search Oraks room and come up empty handed. I go to Chanel’s room and find a painting kit and then make my way to the west tower and find a hidden room with an easel and a landscape painting on it. I then make my way to the dining area and find spilled paint on the carpet. I have all the evidence I think I need and go to Chanel and promptly accuse her of theft, to which she finally admits to. I then tell Countess Valga of the theft to which she decides to kick Chanel out of the castle. Before I turned in Chanel though, I made off with a Varla stone in a display case woth 1000 gold! This same stone is similar to the one I found in Vilverren so now I have something to work with and now I have 2 of them. I figure, since I am also a thief and Chanel is already in trouble, she will be to blame for this as well...tricky, tricky!

I spend the rest of the day making some potions and selling off what I don’t need. I am feeling stronger each day and I decide to do a little exploring beyond the city gates and spend the night in town and will head off on some adventures in the morning.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote