View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
hollmt
High School Varsity

I plan to head out of Chorrol for a couple days at least to do some adventuring and work on my skills some more as I feel a bit rusty. However before I head out of town I make sure to catch up on any rumors. Some in particular are of a man named Reynald Jemane who resides in Chorrol. Apparently the residents of Chorrol have also seen him in a town clear across the land in Cheydinnal but Reynald acts as if he doesn’t know them at all. The residents all find this rather strange and so I make it a point to go and find Reynald, who is drinking his butt off in the Inn. He informs me, that he has NEVER been to Cheydinnal and would like me to do his work for him and travel there when I am able or willing and find out who the impostor is ruining his good name, for he feels he is capable of ruining his good name all by himself! I will go to Cheydinnal when I can, but make no effort to go there right away even with the offer of reward. The drunk can wait.

I also hear of a strange doorway that has appeared in Niben Bay as well as a strange prophet that is preaching outside of a desecrated chapel of Dibella in Anvil. I decide that when I get the chance and the urge, I will investigate both of these matters and see what’s going on and why priests and priestesses are randomly getting killed across the land. Quite strange.

I have also come across a strange plant, called a Ninroot, that I am told has some special powers when broken down and am informed by an alchemist in Chorrol that I should seek out another alchemist somewhere else however, he doesn’t tell me where that someplace else is, so I will just keep that info in the back of my mind.

Finally off to adventure after my lunch!

I arrive at an old run down fort west of Vilverren named Fort Chalman and promptly go up the tower and am pleased to find 10 repair hammers. I will need these as my armor is shot, my bow is slightly warped and my blade is nearly broken. Those came in very handy and basically were the prize of the entire fort even after going inside. Inside I find the typical skeleton archers and warriors and some traps. I decide to lure one of the warriors to me and through the trap and as he runs across a bridge to me, gets crushed by the swinging spiked ball to his death…stupid skeleton. I proceed further and come to the final room, where a ghost of some sort is waiting for me. This is my first experience with this being…I calmly shoot him with my arrow and it goes right through him. That’s great! It slowly makes its way towards me and I take my blade out and swing…and hit nothing. OH MY GOODNESS! I run down the hall and quickly thing…and realize that he is immune to physical damage, or at least to the damage I am trying to inflict, so I rummage through my bags and luckily find a shock damage scroll and read it out loud and shock the ghost to death. What a relief, and thankfully I did not sell this scroll. I make a mental note about those ghosts, loot the area and proceed out.

My horse and I travel westward and arrive at the Roxey inn, where I sell some more potions that I don’t need or want and am informed by the owner of the inn, Malene that the area north of her inn is being harassed by undead creatures at night and she would like me to resolve the issue. I’ve had my share of undead and think I am fully capable of handling them, so I agree. Up the hill I go to the cave and I proceed with caution and come across a necromancer who is easily dispatched with an arrow to the head. Some rats and mudcrabs also inhabit the cave and they are swatted away with my blade. I then enter a room with 3 skeletons, 2 archers and 1 warrior. I realize I have a slight problem here, that being that I am outnumbered. So, I pick a spot and jump on it to get out of reach of the warrior and 1 by one pick off the archers and then the warrior. Smart move! Further in the cave I find a necromancer adept who I expect to be a small threat, but one shot to his head resolves that issue as well and i loot the area of gems and a key and backtrack out and up towards another path where I assume the boss awaits me.
I am pleasantly surprised that the key opens up the final room where Raelynn awaits. I am under the sneaking suspicion that this fight will go similar to that of Jalbert from Vilverren and that I will need to dispatch her quickly. However, I have no poisons on me; but nonetheless, I draw my bow and shoot and run at her with full speed. Raelynn is able to summon a skeleton and I sidestep it swatting at the necromancer with my blade missing wildly, nervous of the damage the skeleton might do. I am forced to drink a potion to survive a blast of something to my face…I assume it is fire, but not exactly sure. I finally trap Raelynn into a corner, where casters do NOT want to be for they can no longer run and cast and I finally proceed to gut her with my blade. For the first time in days, I was scared but manage to survive, loot the area of gems and gold and head out to the Roxey Inn and collect my 50 gold reward.

Malene also informs me of a rumor of a town west of there called Aleswell where the townsfolk are all invisible. This peeks my curiosity so I decide to head there after I sleep that night. 10 gold for lodging is a bit much I think, especially after I just wiped out a necromancer for this lady, but I pay the price and have a peaceful night’s sleep.

The next morning I head off on my trusted steed and come across another ruins called Serecen. I decide to explore these ruins as well before I head to Aleswell. Inside I find the typical bandits that I dispatch with a bow shot. My shot is becoming steadier each time and more accurate and deadly. This appears to be another albeit smaller Ayleid ruin with stones all over. I cautiously sneak around but to my surprise and seen by a Khajit bandit who jumps me and puts me on the defenseive. I do not like not getting the first shot, but am able to use my quickness and evade most of his attacks, finally striking him down. The ringleader is visible to me at the end of the room and my normal arrow and blade attack removes him from this world. Loot and leave and on my way to Aleswell.

Um…nobody is here. I decide to go inside the Inn and am surprised to be spoken to my some invisible dude calling himself Diram Serethi. He explains to me that a wizard living in the ruins of Fort Caractus, down the hill, by the name of Ancotar, has cast a spell causing the entire village to go invisible. He would like me to investigate and take care of the matter. Wizards really piss me off but I agree. I head down the hill and my horse is attacked! 3 invisible rats jump him, so I immediately dismount and help out my trusted companion. I hear a faint grumbling up in the tower of some wizard all upset that im near. I can sense him, but can’t fully see him so I cautiously search the tower and am again surprised by Ancotar himself. I explain to him that his magic has caused the town of Aleswell to disappear and he seems a bit remorseful, but tells me how invisibility has its rewards. I think to myself “I can see that” or rather…”I can’t see that” but explain to him again that the town would like to be visible. He gives me a scroll to read and tells me to make sure I do so in the middle of town so it reaches everyone but I sense some hesitation in his voice. I decide he is hiding something from me, more than his face, and finally he tells me there could be a side effect of reading the scroll, to which I bribe him to tell me how to protect myself and after spending 20 some odd gold, he provides me with a ring to wear while reading the scroll. Thankful for that I proceed to explore the tower and come across some of his wizard books which train me in mysticism, which I can use thankfully, and conjuration, which I unfortunately will never make use of. I am tempted to steal his alembic and calcinatory, which help me make better potions, but pass on this thought. I explore the inside of the fort and come across 2 beasts inside and dispatch them fairly easily, loot the place and leave.

Upon returning to the village of Aleswell, I place myself in what I believe is the center of town, put the ring on, and read the scroll. Thankfully the scroll worked and the town became visible again. Diram thanks me, and unlike Malene at the Roxey Inn, gives me lifetime room and board at no cost. What a nice guy!

I decide to go to the Imperial City to look for and purchase a suitable cape. I need a black cape…
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote