View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

The real life story of a running frog...

Almost a year ago, I went out the door for a walk. It was a Thursday evening, May 30th, 2013. I had just tested for my Sandan (3rd degree black belt) for which I had worked hard to regain some of the fitness I had lost since I started running my dojo (and teaching more than training). I had lost some 35 lbs in the 8 months prior to that test using an app called Lose It! and I wanted to at least start walking a bit more to make sure I'd keep the weight off so I'd bought a pair of Asics shoes on the cheap at TJ Maxx.

It was a Thursday evening and I was just done teaching karate for the day and out for a walk I went. I'd never liked running so walking looked more like it for me but during that walk, at some point I decided to take off and run for a couple minutes at a time. Run, walk, run, walk some more. I'd discovered something new. I'd always hated running, with a passion, but it was different now. I felt kinda free, I liked it. I've been running since then, more and more every week.

Since that day, I've run three formal races, finishing two of them and I plan on running many more. Today, as I posted on the weekly runners thread on the Lose It! forum, I realized I wanted to keep my thoughts somewhere I could go back and read them again if need be. They start a new thread every week and they get kinda lost. Here, I'll have everything in one spot.

That's about it for now. Will be back for more soon, starting right now in the next post with the race report of my one DNF that happened last Sunday.

Hope to see you around, feel free to ask if you've got questions. I'm still a newbie, learning the ropes. I'm just a fast running newbie.

FM

FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote