View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #19
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I can imagine your family might be a little nervous when you are out on runs for a bit. perhaps it would make them feel a little more at ease if they could just look to see where you are at any given time and see that you are still moving or following your planned path.

A few things that my wife and I use for this are:
1) Garmin Connect Live tracking (I think you have a 210 so this probably is not an option for that watch though).
2) Road ID Live tracking app for iphones - It is similar to the garmin connect and you can send a message to someone's email or text message them with a URL that they can use to open a web browser and follow your run.
3) Find your friend app on iphone - It does not give details about the run, but you can see where someone is and roughly see if they are moving around or not.

I know it helps my wife and I feel a bit better when the other is out running if we know where they are.

Well, my sons don't realize if anything's wrong. Life's back to normal, dad's gone running, that's all.

For my wife, it's a whole other story, and I understand that, and in a sense, it means a lot to me that after some 21 years together, she still feels that way because I would freak a bit too if she'd had some health or whatever other issue and would be coming home late.

These are good options. I also have used Runkeeper live tracking, as Kodos talked about, before on a long run and for the half but it lost GPS signal at km 11 of the half so that was not of much use. Might have to use it every time for a little while, or maybe use the Road Id one so she at least sees some eCrumb (from what they call them)...

Never heard of that find your friend app, might want to eventually check it...

FM