View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #28
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Easy 5 km at a very easy pace this morning, as opposed to my usual easy pace. That is, I told myself "to hell with my pace!" and just ran as efficiently as I could in order to keep my heart rate under 120.

That meant 5.23 km in 30:14 for an average pace of 5:47/km or 9:18/mile. That's close to 30 seconds slower per mile compared to my usual easy pace, but I kept the HR down.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/498066952

That was kind of necessary since my legs were kinda shot after yesterday's long run. That's kinda strange, probably remainders of that HM.

I got a 30 minutes progression run tomorrow but that's not the one I'm dreading the most in my week. Wednesday will be speedwork day and the plan calls for 11x400m @ mile pace. Even though I've used this Hal Higdon plan before, I've never done this many reps because the last time, I cut 2 reps from all sessions, maxing out at 10 reps.

Now, my mile pace based on most calculators is about 5:51/mile and over 400m, that converts to 1:27 to cover the interval. That's by using Jack Daniels' calculator and a 15K time of 1:03:42 that I did in my half marathon. Thing is, I have never tested myself on a mile alone. My fastest mile in the middle of any run if 6:29. I know I will probably hit the pace over 400m but I'm not too sure I'd be able to keep the pace over 1609 meters...

I usually do 400m hard, 300m rest at an easy jog but if I commit to doing this 11 times, I might do some walking to start my resting periods in order to get the HR down a bit...

It was pretty chilly again this morning. After my first run in t-hirt and shorts yesterday, it was back to running tights, long sleeve tech shirt under my windbreaker jacket. I talked myself out of wearing my gloves and regretted it after less than a K. Could feel my fingers during the run! They are forecasting warmer temperatures for the next few days but a lot more rain.

Also, it's with a little sadness that I askedfor the change of event in my racing schedule this morning. I had planned to do a 19 km staircase challenge in Quebec City and I downgraded the distance to 13 km and the full marathon I had planned to do in August has been changed to a half marathon. I will not attempt a marathon until I have been successful with a half. And I WILL be successfull!

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 05-12-2014 at 02:05 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote