View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #42
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Running in the rain , especially during the summer when it gets warmer (I know its not warm where you are just yet) is one of those things that people look at and think it would be awful, but in reality, I really love running in the rain once the weather gets warmer. It actually feels pretty good as long as you have the proper clothing for it.

clothing, and the wind (or lack thereof) around you is what will make running in the rain a fun or an absolutely sucky experience. Was about 45F this morning so not really warm, but still better than, say, 34F. A tad warmer would be weird for clothing. I wore my cap, jacket and gloves this morning. It was a sort of long run for a weekday, 51 minutes and my feet were pretty wet and mushy when I got back in. Fingers were just beginning to get wet through the gloves, but my tech shirt under the jacket was soaked with sweat so a bit warmer would be either suck it up and get wet without a jacket or endure being too warm. A fine line to walk but I'm ok with it. As I said, for some easy runs I might stick to the TM but for most dedicated workouts I'll try to hit the road.

FM