View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #4885
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I just now finished reading this thread (4 hours of a good work day lost) and wanted to comment (if anyone is still reading). I've been out of WW for quite a while and was very interested in jumping in with this game. Sadly my week-long Mexico trip happened about 4 days after the start of the game. Rather than walk away completely I offered myself as a timebomb character if the mods wanted one. I'm guessing it was the offer which got the mods thinking and had the Torch added to the game.

I was very much enjoying the play even if nobody knew what my point was. Shortly before Galactus blew me up I was given the change to go out with a bang which caused my Nova Blast. I had no clue who the Herald was, so I picked Kang at random. Fortunate that I got a rebel, but sadly it wasn't enough to kill him. I did enjoy the few hours I got where everyone was confused as to what happened and why.

Catching up and reading the thread was great fun. Seeing all the frantic action in the last couple of days and then the major coup by Alan was a blast. I'm not sure if it was the gameplay or the fact that I knew I was approaching the end of the thread but I couldn't believe how well all the final pieces fell into place. It had the feel of a movie where you knew what the ending would be and couldn't believe the pieces were aligning to perfectly. Quite a game. I may have to get back into WW for a while so I don't miss out on these fantastic moments.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote