Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #73
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of November -

Fight Night-

Niall Beumont is making his pro debut today. He is the type of fighter who needs to wade through the punches and get hit in order to be hit. Not the most accurate puncher ever, he does have many other great skills that I have noticed. For being a big man, his elusiveness is very good. I have seen him get hit with some good punches and not even look phased. When he does admit later that he was hurt, he fights through it and continues on. These are all good signs for a young fighter.

His opponent is Eric Kippax. Also making his debut, but I don’t think that he is in the same league with Niall. Not that it won’t be a close fight I just think that Niall has much bigger promise.

As for the oddsmakers, they like Niall as well. In fact, he is a heavy favorite. Odds are 1/4 in his favor, and Kippax is at 7/2. I will bet some money on this one, but probably won’t make much, or lose if we are upset.

I want Niall to get in there and mix it up. I am not going to mess with his fighting style for a round or two, and if he is winning I won’t mess with him at all. I want to see what he brings to the table, and see if he has got it.

Also tonight, there is an important Title fight. The Middleweight title is on the line. Current title holder Sugar Ray Robinson, 186-20-6(118), is fighting for the first time in almost a year. He is facing Leavander Nolan, 17-0-0(7), who is a young rising star, and the undisputed #1 contender to the title.

Robinson certainly has the experience advantage here, while youth is on Nolan’s side. Robinson is a legend, hits hard and accurate, and has a good chin. His only drawback is his lack of activity.

For Nolan, he is not a hard puncher, but he too is very accurate, and very aggressive, and he has a good chin. He has been very active over the last year, as this will be his fourth fight. His last win was a majority points decision against former #1 contender, and boxing legend Carlos Monzon.

Still, the oddsmakers favor Robinson by a wide margin, as he goes off at 2/7. Nolan is 13/5, so despite Robinson being favored by so much, the odds on Nolan are pretty low. In my opinion, Nolan could take him, but in the end Robinson will probably win.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote