View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #71
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
If I was coaching, I would probably have a word with the umpire just to get in his/her head a little bit and try to get a make-up call in the future. You would be surprised how effective this is. I would then tell my 3B to catch the ball.

I ended up arguing with him from the stands. I tried my best to get thrown out. We had history with this particular umpire, though. Last year, he screwed us in the 9th inning of the state championship game by failing to call a girl out for bunting and running on the inside of the baseline. The catcher's throw hit her, went into RF, and we lost. He did just what he did this time - admitted he was wrong, refused to correct it, and let the play stand. That's what pissed me off so much about it.

In a game the day before, the same thing had happened on a bunt and another umpire correctly called the runner out. This guy apparently knew the rule but didn't call it when it happened and decided he would rather admit he was wrong than correct the call after the fact. In the 3rd extra inning of a state championship game, no less. Dude shouldn't be umpiring any more.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote