View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #201
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Tell ... and everybody else who is still riding along, I actually kind of feel you out there even without someone saying so, which is different than most of these I've done.

I had to modify the format a little as the size of the promotion grew, reducing the details on the undercard a little to make those more manageable. With the combined roster of CSA and the two child promotions now sitting around 250 workers, the end of the quarter is a bear to track. Everybody is spreadsheeted & I currently update their skills info as well as tighten up my notes on contract status & the like at the end of each quarter, I was grinding to a halt on playing just to fight through the paperwork. I'm also posting the results pretty close to real time, so what you guys see is pretty much where I am.

I'm getting increasingly nervous as I creep near the national/international threshold. That'll put the possibility of being fired back into play if I yo-yo my status between them too much, so I'm trying to keep a close watch on that in order to be able to avoid dropping under once I rise past it.

One other thing I will comment on OOC here is the steadily rising number of fights on my cards. On the one hand I really hate having upwards of 20 bouts per show with a dozen or more on the undercard, it just doesn't feel realistic to me at all. I'm swallowing that discomfort & justifying it somewhat by remembering the unrealistic limitations that the game puts on the player, such as having no control over the booking of fighters or cards in the child promotions that I ostensibly have financial control over. I can't guarantee fights for borderline guys there, nor can I dictate the matchups, I can only send them down & hope for the best. Also, having a PPV deal, I'm not allowed to just run a regular house show somewhere to get guys work, nor do I have any say so on who might be loaned out for work that I get to approve. So I justify the extreme size of some of the shows I do run as a way to make up for some of the control I'm not given. Right, wrong, neutral, that's how I'm approaching that, figured I might as well explain it a little bit to those folks kind enough to follow it.