View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

December 31, 2002

So the year closes with a financial loss of $236,904 as CSA took the month off to let fighters recover for a fresh start in the new year and various expenses took a big bite. Still, we've got just a tad over $6 million in the bank so it's not going to kill us if that happens once in a while.

2 fighters ended their runs with CSA in December: HW Chuck "The Laughing Man" Dooley (21-22, 0-4) leaves having served his purpose here and LHW Eric "Big D" Dartmouth (1-3, 0-3) leaves having accomplished virtually nothing.

We extended the expiring contracts of three fighters: LHW Terry Catt, WO Emi Nagano, and LW Bruce Steven, the latter in spite of an unbelievable 7 fight losing streak that includes 1 loss in CSA, 3 in XCC and 3 with his previous employer Gamma. Still, I'd swear he's got talent & has to eventually turn things around, but he clearly hasn't been the same since Luke Hilton knocked him out twice in consecutive fights.

With all that money we spent, you might suspect we must have hired some new fighters ... and you'd be right.

-- 31 y/o WO Suzanna "Rocky" Ramos (0-0), a rookie kickboxer from Bahia, Brazil. She'll being her pro career in WEFF.
-- 24 y/o FW Po-Han Yue (9-7), a shaolin karate practitioner from Batangas City, Phillipines. May turn out to be cannon fodder but we'll find out in XCC.
-- 20 y/o "The Dream" Harold Valentine (4-1), a wrestler from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. XCC will mark his major promotion debut later this year.
-- 31 y/o HW Duke "Nukem" Aiona (19-8), a kick boxer from Kailua, Hawaii. He's lost 3 straight in Alpha-1 but was 6-5 for them overall.
-- 30 y/o LHW "The Man of Steel" Ken Peters (15-3), a Pankration fighter from Markstay-Warren, Ontario. He'll come over from Gamma winning 2 of his last 3 fights and brings a ton of name value.
-- 34 y/o WW Yeijrio Yamamoto (23-7), a Muay Thai fighter from Nagoya, Japan. 3 straight wins in Gamma where he was 5-1 overall.
-- 32 y/o WO Shiho "Snake" Konno (2-0), a kick boxer from Nagoya, Japan. She'll start out for us in WEFF and could advance fairly quickly.