View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #221
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2003

A heck of a busy month in the books, with a loss of nearly $482k. Not bad really, considering we spent about $750k buying out Sigma. Those losses will drop a little, as their Gladiators TV show was cancelled by the network, meaning it will no longer need to be produced.

With the influx of fighters from Sigma & all the paperwork we had to process for them, I couldn't even begin to cover all the new faces in detail, but in addition to those we shuffled earlier in the month you'll be seeing their names pop up in the weeks to come.

February saw the end of three fighters stints with CSA, including veteran HW Don Norman (24-20, 2-5), LW Jackson Gray (20-14, 0-2), WO Chie Namiki (7-10, 0-2), and WW Thiago Ceni (22-21, 0-3). We also terminated the final few weeks of an agreement with Sigma acquisition Helvecio Babenco who will be out with an injury for the next six months.

We renewed a number of contracts in February, LHW Nicolai Mickiewicz (which will end his runs with Omega & UCFF), LHW Lawrence Herringbone, HW Tim Boyer, WO Hanoku Shimizu, FW Anthony Ray Shenkman, LHW Christian Mountfield, HW Javier Perry, WO April Watson, HW Adelino Freiholc, WO Jenny DeNeuve, and Sigma acquisition Greg Chiang.

New hires in February included:
-- 21 y/o WW Oscar Tufnel (4-0), a wrestler from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He's being assigned to XCC to begin his CSA contract.
-- 26 y/o FW Shinsui Okanaya (8-4), a Muay Thai fighter from Nagoya, Japan. He'll return to XCC hoping for better luck than his 0-3 stint with them in late 2000/early 2001.
-- 25 y/o LW "The Jester" Ron Chuckle (6-1), a Greco-Roman wrestler from Liverpool, England. 4 straight wins on small indy shows earns him a slot in XCC for now.
-- 34 y/o FW Taizoh Chung Man (19-13-1), a wrestler from Tokyo. A veteran of the indy scene, he hasn't fought for a major promotion since KDM FC closed but will provide a little depth for Sigma in the featherweight division.