View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #3417
Emmett13
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Yes.

It REALLY depends on how you want your basketball to look. For a while, I preferred a way higher tempo style, but then I decided I wanted it to be more erratic like real-life college basketball is at times, especially with more underclassmen being featured.

My latest way of keeping stats relatively close to real life numbers is to increase pace (Time in the .ini) to around 950-990 during the OOC part of the season, then in January, I raise it pretty high to 1395-1500 to slow the game down.

Sometimes, during the tournament, I'll go lower again (somewhere in the 1000-1100 range) but it depends. I've just started doing this and I've liked the output I get in terms of team scoring.

In the normal setup, you don't get enough guys who score at the rate of the real-life top scorers in the NCAA these days, but my setup gets it closer.

I also have rebounding and ORebRate higher than the default, because it feels more realistic to me.

A lot of this is like salting to taste though. What tastes good to me, might be too much (or not enough) for you. One key note is that if you edit the fbcb.ini file, you need to save the game, exit and then restart the game in order for your changes to take, they will not change on the fly.

Thanks! I've got a pretty good feel for the pace I'm looking for, my last issue that I'm trying to figure out is how to make post players shoot higher percentages. There are far too many post players shooting 40-43%, which in turn is lowering overall shooting percentages.

Very rarely do I find a team that shoots over 50% for the season, when in most seasons you have maybe 6-10 teams that manage it.

What about the followrate part of the .ini file, that effects tip ins off missed shots right? I've been playing with that, but can't get much of a feel for it.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote