View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #3440
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
One thing that is annoying re: player files from the one time I started trying to do this is to make sure you fill out the rosters completely or else there's random guys generated, and for good teams they will likely end up being very good players. Pad out the rosters with terrible guys if needed. The other thing that gets janky is guys with hardly and stats to generate the ratings. You're almost better projecting them out to like 15 minutes a game.

But hell of an initiative, good luck.

Oh, this is a good point. Yeah, I already gave up for this year because I felt like the effort wasn't worth the work. But now that I know how to do it, I'm more interested in getting the names right than I am worrying about ratings, I figure people can salt the roster to taste if I were to every get it done, but...one thing I was able to do and share now is I edited the North American names files with a list of names using all of the current players in NCAA this year both first and last names.

I also added the top 500+ first names and 300+ surnames to top each list, along with lots of other names, so it should give a better feeling group of players provided somebody wants that.

I've started putting everything on Github, I've lots some of my older files but at least this way, I can start keeping track of everything: