View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #444
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What exactly is the story behind that?

Last year the Rockies gave big extensions to Tulo and Cargo. Ubaldo felt he deserved one as well, but the Rockies told him he had to wait.

Last week Ubaldo brought up that the Rockies treated him poorly. Tull, Giambi, Cargo and others stood up for the Rockies. Tuls said that if Ubaldo was so unhappy, he should have asked to get out.

So in the first at at Tulo has against Ubaldo, he gets drilled on the elbow with a 98MPH heater. Ubaldo can be seen immediately rushing toward the batters box and taunting Tulo. He the. Says after the game that it was an accident and he only rushed toward the box because Tulo called him a name. The video shows pretty conclusively that he is lying through his teeth.

After this happened, the Rockies held nothing back. They openly accuse Jiminez of shutting it down last year. Tracy and Giambi were the harshest. (I never have liked Giambi, but it seems like he is a pretty tough guy to piss off as a teammate.

All offseason the Rockies talked about fixing a fractured clubhouse. Nothing had come ou publicly until now. We now know one of the fractures (and likely the biggest one, as Ubaldo sucking was a huge reason for the Rockies swoon after a fast start)

I would be very leery of giving this guy a huge contract. Guys who shut it down like that are prone to repeating it. Just my opinion, I could be wrong
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote