View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 09:33 PM   #694
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
It's not though, if you can throw them out based soley on the schedule they play. Based on how they perform against that schedule? Sure. There's definitely an argument for their defense not being good enough, for example. The players and coaches can't just decide to play a tougher schedule this year though, so you're taking the possibility of them earning a spot totally out of their hands by making that an automatic disqualifier.

Ben called it earlier, it's similar to the travesty of calling BYU a "national champ" back in the day.

I have no problem "taking the possibility of them earning a spot totally out of their hands" aside from them having the rest of the country finish 7-4 (and even then ...)

If the UCF program ceased to exist tomorrow, the only response I'd have is a shrug. They can, quite literally, fuck the hell off, no more relevant in D1 to me than a good high school team.