View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #174
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Because Rutgers is the only BCS program in the NYC metro area.
What's considered the "NYC metro area" - aka would UConn get any consideration there? 2.5 hours away from NYC in the wrong half of the state, but they do have a lock on fans in that state. They'd also give you Hartford and maybe an in to Boston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The ACC doesn't have their own TV network to pimp in the biggest TV market.
Boston's also a more fractured market with multiple other large colleges in city/state (as well as being a pro city like NYC outside BE tournament time), and I haven't noticed any particularly large presence from any other ACC school. I have seen multiple B10 pub crawls or events, but nothing from ACC people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Fair enough. I kind of thought it sounded wrong, which is why I made the comment. I was going by the ESPN schedule page, which has rankings of opponents posted. It must be screwed up though for previous years.

Anyway, carry on.
When I was going through this past fall ESPN listed rankings, but they were from the date the game was played, not final iirc. Now they don't seem to list any before 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I think you underestimate just how bad they were. I mean, we're talking losses to 1AA teams, just overall embarrassment.
I thought we were talking about potential B10 teams, not current ones like Michigan.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-04-2010 at 01:19 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote