View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #177
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I don't know of anyone that pays for TV advertising on a subscriber basis. It's how many of those subscribers you attract to your shows that matters.

Now even a 0.01 rating for the B10N in NYC adds to those viewers (if they weren't already in the mix) but adding X million people that have the network available won't move the needle in & of itself.

Best I can tell with a quick look (a NY resident could tell if there's a cable provider missing easier than I can) here's a map that shows roughly what territory & how many subscribers they might add. This is the NYC Interconnect, covering NYC, Long Island, and parts of CT & NJ, basically it's a way to buy the various little systems all with one big buy. That's about 3.5m cable households.

I was under the impression that the rates are determined in part by pre-estimating GRP/TRP. B10 probably gets next to nothing now, since they are not on Basic Cable. If they can get on Basic, the B10 can make the argument that the GRPs will go from nothing to something (as meager as it would be) and may try to justify a rate increase that way.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote