View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 AM   #93
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I think something getting overlooked in the discussion is the point total reporting. Now, we're going to have to execute someone to take advantage of that, but I'm wondering if it won't be more sensible to stagger between voting for executions and voting for jailings?

I'm all for avoiding the lynching of an innocent noble. The only problem is that you need to ask yourself: "What do we gain by sending someone to jail?"

Differences between Jail and Lynch:

Jail:
  • No one dies -- therefore, no innocent villagers can die.
  • Less point penalty for hitting a villager with the votes.
[*]Con: No role reveal.[/list]
Lynch:
  • Someone dies -- might be an assassin.
  • Voting patterns begin to be established.
  • Con: Severe point penalty.
  • Con: Innocent Villager might die.

I think it's really not a benefit to us to jail someone (early, anyways), because it will do absolutely nothing to quell suspicion about someone who is successfully voted to be put in jail. So even if we 'win' a vote by putting someone in jail, it will do nothing to help us figure out who the assassins are...at least at first.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote