View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #181
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Bought a couple of new guys and am selling some older ones. A couple of thoughts I posted to the series forum:

I guess, in the long run, I'm down to $10M in cash, but I have 3 trainees ready to be pushed out of the nest this season or next so hopefully that gets me back up to $15M+ after trainees.

GK at 28
Churn defenders
WI: 27, 28
IM: 24, 28, 31
FO: 29, 30

Looks like I'm set for another couple of seasons. The forwards are getting a little long in the tooth but they can hold on another couple of seasons

I'm kindof wanting to upgrade the 31yo IM while the market is so cheap but that also means I'll get next-to-nothing for selling him, too. Looks like I'd get $1M for selling and pay ~2.5M for buying a 23/24 yo. I suppose that's a pretty good upgrade if I can find a quality American to help offset the wages (Richard was not, unfortunately and that will add up to $150K per season extra).

The "refurbish my keeper" option is intriguing. I could turn De Carlo into a 22 or 23yo of the same skill for ~1.5-2M and that is quite tempting. We'll see if anyone bites on him as I just put him out on the market.

Also, with the loyalty bonus, I don't think I want to totally nuke all of my guys at once. I noticed that was a pretty big deal last year at only half strength. Going to full strength this year should be a pretty big deal again.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote