View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #405
QuikSand
lolzcat

Early offseason update - not a ton to report.

I traded out of our pick at 1.26, getting a 1st next year (likely in the latest third) and a swap - this year's 2nd for next year's 3rd. With 2 picks in the late 2nd, it looks like we might be looking at several of the guys from my top handful for the first round (including, as it approaches, a guy who was in a coinflip to be taken at 1.26) so that could work out well for a bad-fit draft for us, chem-wise.

In free agency, I grab a good-enough-to-play 4th year WR, and I'm semi-optimistic that we have a useful group going forward at that position. Ideally, we can find a true WR1 to build around -- if so, our "seven dwarves" skirting in the WR2-3-4-5 roles should be okay once they all have some cohesion benefits. (link)

-Honestly no reason to think the team is going to look very different this year than the last two - nobody left in free agency who looks thrilling. There's a big money guy on the trade block who would be a good fit, but the owner and I seem far apart on compensation so i'm not optimistic -- this is a guy in that "high quality player but at a very high, market-value base salary" situation that is the most prone, in my view, to people seeing his valuation differently. I do have cap space to give, at least right now, so we'll see.

-I am a bit reluctant to detail too much here, as my team has become a victim of a bit of free agent sniping, so I'll have more input once we've got things more in hand (sorry, so it goes)

Last edited by QuikSand : 08-20-2019 at 08:50 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote