View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #413
QuikSand
lolzcat

New offseason, okay.

First stage - big mistake, my fault. I put in an offer for DE A.J. Baxter, who is declining but still very solid. I've got lots of cap space, but decided (for whatever reason) to go bonus heavy but bottom line light... and I got beaten out by AVAILABLE. The one thing you have to know playing FOF against any teams under AI control is: you've got to beat AVAILABLE. I didn't. Dammit.

So, we are suddenly perilously thin at DL. Pugh is probably coming back, we have 10th year Ike McKenzie who is okay but nothing special, and then two mid-career DTs (who could rotate outside if needed). And young DT Grubbs, whose 39/89 PRTech rating is tempting to give him some playing time in the pass rush, regardless. So, we will likely be looking for a veteran, even a patch-over type guy, just to maintain some semblance of pass rush this year.

We sit with picks 1.26 and 1.27... no trade talk yet in this league, so I'll likely end up with some BPA types to plug holes. Will take a closer look at the DL class now, though that was on the radar anyway.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote