View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #420
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I manage to clean up my mess, but with a cost. I re-sign all my affinity leaders, but that means they all have to be active for the regular season. And, I couldn't even access my offensive roles page, because of my thinned-out roster. Just a screwup.

GML: Baltimore Ravens 2101

So, we end up 9-6-1, that tie with Cleveland gives them the division title on a tiebreaker, ugh.

Takeaways:
-Gelenaw puts in his workmanlike season, 4500/35/17 passing but only 767 yards rushing
-RB Phelps has become a workhorse back for us, 1700 total yards on 5.75 ypc yay
-C Castillo (2nd year, 2nd rounder, 75/75) gets lineman of the year from the BenBot numbers
-DE Rison steps right in as the centerpiece pass rusher, with 16 sacks - but our pass rush overall a shade low at 21.2% (I'd prefer 24%)
-ILB Omar Dow played a ton as the new face at ILB, gave up 40 receptions but posted 11 PDs... mixed bag, he's not a star
-We really lack playmakers on defense - nobody with even 5 picks, we were only +2 in turnovers

So yeah, a 9-10 win team is about right given the stats, I reckon. I didn't get to align roster slots the way I would have preferred, but fortunately the setup got the ball to the right targets, more or less.

We're a good, but not great, team, at this point. I think the window for Gelenaw getting a title may have closed. We have used up some cap space, and I fear we won't have a "go for it" move out there for next season, so it will come down to an improbably wild card run this year, or something similar in out years, as we don't look like by week material to me.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote