View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #244
timmynausea
College Starter

To me this season of the Sopranos isn't great, but I actually like it better than seasons 4 and 5 which seemed to basically duplicate a lot of elements from the third season. Basically the main arc has centered around Tony being conflicted about whether to kill someone every year from season 2 on. (In order: Pussy, Richie Aprile, Ralph, and Steve Buscemi.) That may end up being the case with Vito again this year, but at least it didn't completely follow the 3,4 and 5 formula of introducing a character and then having him cause problems that just escalate until Tony has to kill him.

As far as Deadwood, the creator has always said they couldn't possibly do more than 4 seasons as the real Deadwood was burned to the ground 4 years after the year the show started. From that perspective, getting 3 isn't too bad, and David Milch is already working on another show for HBO, so I'm guessing he knew this was coming. It sucks that it will be ending, though.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, Janice killed Richie Aprile. Maybe I don't remember it as well as I'd thought. It seemed to fall into a pattern after a while, though.

Last edited by timmynausea : 05-17-2006 at 05:00 PM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote