View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 10:39 AM   #15
SecretAgentMan
n00b

Year 0, Chapter 2- Feb. 2022 Report
"Greenland is Ice, but Iceland is Nice"
-D2: The Mighty Ducks

The door opened. It was Katja, my assistant.

"Mr. Dalesson?"

I looked up. "Yes, Katja?"

"I have this month's performance reports." She set a pair of small reports on my desk. I was surprised. I hadn't been expecting these just yet.

"Already? The winter games just ended a week ago."

"That's true, sir, but the world cup circuits get going again right away, so we have some results from February."

"Right, right...how could I have forgotten?" Okay, so maybe I wasn't quite used to the way winter sports seasons worked just yet. There was a LOT of things to remember at this job, after all. But I will get the hang of it eventually.

"Only two reports, I see. I thought we had our eye on three athletes?"

"We do, sir, but Viktor Armannson only competes in the speed alpine events, and there were only slaloms this weekend."

"Got it." I paused. "How do they look?"

She sighed, and her lips curled into a frown.

"Honestly, I don't think they're great, but I'll let you be the judge of that."

It was my turn to sigh. "Alright, I'll take a look. Thank you, Katja."

She scooted out of the room, and I settled in with my reports.

FEBRUARY Performance Report- Julia Leifsdottir- Alpine Skiing
Code:
2.26.22 Women's Downhill: Crans Montana, Switzerland 48th place (1:47.28, +5.89 seconds behind winner) 2.27.22 Women's Downhill: Crans Montana, Switzerland 55th place (1:47.67, +6.23 seconds behind winner)
Hmm. Not great, and definitely more in line with her worse Olympics results rather than her better.*

FEBRUARY Performance Report- Emilia Stefansdottir- Cross Country Skiing
Code:
2.26.22 Women's Cross Country Ski Sprint: Lahti, Finland 69th Place, 2:59.02, +16.98 seconds behind winner) 2.27.22 Women's Cross Country Ski 10km: Lahti, Finland 64th Place, 39:41.4 (+7:08.4 behind winner)
I made a mental note on the list in my head to cross her off the high-performance program list for next year. This kinds of results aren't close enough, in my opinion.

So, we have maybe 2 athletes in the high-performance program. If that. I made a note to call Kris Einarsson tomorrow. Kris is in charge of our youth development academies. Or, rather, he will be once we actually get those up and running. Right now he's location-scouting. We'd better find some locations fast so we can get some coaches in place, I'm thinking. That's probably our best hope at present.*

March had come in like a lion, but would it go out looking like a lamb? For that matter, do they even use that expression in Iceland? Hmm. Questions for another day, I think.

-END Chapter 2-

Would you like to help improve Iceland's fortunes? Don't forget that you can! With any comments you make on this post, you get Dynasty Points that you can spend at a later date to increase Iceland's budget. I update this thread once each week!

Last edited by SecretAgentMan : 03-13-2022 at 09:58 AM.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote