View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:32 AM   #53
Radii
Head Coach

Feb 2007

-- crap! I somehow deleted my notes for February so far, through the 23rd. Well, basically, I'm outmanned, outgunned, outclassed beyond belief. I sat out a few matches before Hinry got injured, then I was back in, earning another 1 rating. I maxxed out my strength rating first, I get tackled the second I get touched, the strength should help some. Next I'm going to be maxxing out my dribbling, as I get caught the second I touch the ball too. After that, probably passing, that will take me well into next season.

Feb 26
-- Dribbling is up to 19, then 20. Just cone drills.

Mar 2007

-- my selection prospects for the national team are "Doubtful" which is unfortunate, we had a nice break and an international match on March 3rd. Nope, not selected.

Mar 6

-- I train Dribbling to 21, then 22 in the previous week. My confidence is low so i had a drink. Also I failed dribbling 23, ran into a cone, oops.

Mar 7 - GAMEDAY
Arsenal vs Newcastle - 2nd/3rd matchup here.

-- This game is fast, but I'm adjusting some finally. My dribbling rating I can tell is helping me, as I have a split second now to make a decision before I get tackled, and if I can receive the ball with a little space I'm not run down instantly. This allows me to get a pass to Riyis in the 14th minute, he scores our first goal, and that's my first assist in the premiership!! In the 27th minute I take a shot off a throwin that's on target but didn't have much of a chance. I blow two passes in the first half to an open Riyis, both are too weak. In the 2nd half I get a great shot on goal but can't finish, and in the 82nd and 88th minutes both, I get in the box and receive a lob and try to head the ball into the net. The first one was killer, 82nd minute, off the post 88th was saved by the keeper, but we do get the win!

-- 5 shots, 1 assist, 3 passes, 2 tackles, and a 6 rating. That's drastically improving on anything else I've done so far at this level.

Mar 9
-- Dribbling up to 23, a tough cone drill, made it with 1 second to spare.

Mar 11
-- Failed on level 24 for dribbling, I would have not made it, I hit the last cone but time was up anyway. I hesitated for just a second(but literally probably a full second) as I figured out which direction to start in and that killed me.

Mar 7 - GAMEDAY
Man City vs Arsenal - They're 15th out of 20 teams, while our win has us tied for first with Chelsea again.

-- Man City scores early on us, in about the 15th minute, and I'm just not on today. I misfire on a shot that was open, take a bit too long to make a decision with the ball in the box, tackled away, and miss a header off a free kick *just* wide. WE give up another goal in the 2nd half and lost 2-0. A poor 2 rating for me.

Mar 7 - GAMEDAY
Arsenal vs Ipswich - They're in 16th, they offered me a contract earlier in the year bt I didn't like their manager.

-- This is the last game of the season. A tie clinches the Premiership title for us. We are still even with Chelsea despite the loss last match. Chelsea plays #10 Blackburn today.

-- I'm a sub in this one, Riyis gets two goals in the first half and we're dominating 2-0 by the time I come in. I play most of the second half, I have one wide open shot that the keeper saves, and one successful pass, a 4 rating to end the season.

May 7
-- The final time I'm allowed to train before the offseason, I take 3 shots at Dribbling level 24 before I finally get it.

END OF SEASON

This is going to be hard. I need to finish my training, badly, to have a shot to make a consistant positive impact for this team, but I'm excited, I play for a team that gets a ton of matches in between the English Cup, Champions League and Premiership, so I should get a number of chances along the way.

Here are my stats and skills to end the season:

Skills
Stats
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote