View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
Radii
Head Coach

February 4th, 2008

Hampton (11-7, 6-1 MEAC) at NC A&T (5-11, 3-5 MEAC)

Hampton is rated 70 OVR with a better offense than the teams we've faced lately. They play much better defense than we do and are much better on the boards.

12:30 1st - We trail 20-16 as the backups come in. I was trying to set up a little rotation to keep Ewing and Willis both in the game along with the reserves but there was no dead ball from the 16:30 mark to here, so no dice on that.

8:00 1st - We trail 28-20 as they get out on the break much better than we do and have broken our press for a couple layups and every steal turns into an easy 2 for Hampton. Our starters come back in, they may not be able to go the entire rest of the half but they're back for now.

We cut the lead to 5, they push it back up to 10, we cut it to 7 with 5 seconds to go and they hit a 3 pointer from half court :P

42-32 Hampton at the half. The big problem is that their PG is mega fast and out on the break after every rebound and steal. He has 19 points and is killing us.

13:00 2nd - We're lucky to be down 12... Hampton starts the second half on a 12-2 run and we find ourselves down 20. Two 3 pointers by Ewing and a basket by Willis get it back down to 12.

9:30 2nd - I'm simply stunned with the speed Hampton scores here... We cut the lead down to 9, and in a 2 minute stretch we don't even make it past half court 3 straight posessions, Alston gets us past half court but falls down trying to get by his man, and Jones has an inside shot blocked... every turnover leads to an instant Hampton basket and we trail by 21...

And yeah that second half was just embarrassing.

Hampton 87
NC A&T 60

Hampton scored 28 fast break points... I just couldn't stop them from getting out on the break.

I got 10 from Alston, 13 from Rush, 11 from Ewing, 10 from Willis today. Their SG Rashad West scored 26, most of them on layups.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote