View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #44
Radii
Head Coach

Ok here we go, I just didn't remember how much data was available after the end of the tournament.

Season Stats

Starters

PG Tavarus Alston 4.7 ppg, 2.7 apg, 0.8 spg - I'd like it if Alston could become a greater scoring threat, but for now he is speedy and takes care of the ball.

SG Steven Rush - 19.4 ppg - Rush was my star, and at times I relied on him too much. When he had a good game i almost always won. If he wasn't hitting his shots I struggled mightly to find other ways to score.

SF Austin Ewing - 10.2 ppg - Ewing was a 2 guard playing the 3 this year in a 3 guard offense. With Rush graduating he'll move over into the SG role and will be my main scoring threat next season.

PF Jason Willis - 8.4 ppg/6.8 rpg - On a bigger team Willis could have been a 3, he was only 6'6 and a bit undersized vs some teams. He was my 2nd most talented player though and had a number of good games for me.

C Thomas Coleman - 7.3 ppg/8.9 rpg. Coleman was only a freshman so I expect better and better things out of him. As we're bringing in a 7 footer Coleman, who is 6'9" will be moving to the PF starting role next year most likely.

Reserves

PF Kam Shepherd - 5.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg - a 6'8 freshman, Shepherd will likely be a backup big man throughout his career here. He has some decent post moves and I like having him off the bench.

SG Glenn Nelson - 4.7 ppg, 1.1 apg - Nelson averaged 13 minutes per game and was at times my only shooter in the game off the bench. He couldn't hit the 3 point shot which frustrated me but if i could get him open mid-range looks he would score.

SF Ed Jones - 2.9 ppg, 2.3 rpg - Jones is the type of player I struggle a lot with. I like athletic small forwards who can score. Jones feels like a post player stuck out on the wing when he's in the game.

No one else averaged more than 2 points per game for me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote