View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looking back at my own scores, I had back surgery in December and took almost 6 weeks off from running. So when I picked it back up, I had to rebuild my fitness level a good bit.

You can see the Blue (Fitness) climbing gradually with the exercise, but my red (Fatigue) shot out like a cannon . That caused my TSB to be very very low also, same range as what you were saying Radii. You can see I hovered around -30 TSB for nearly a month before I took a few extra days off before a 5k race that I was going to run. After the 5k, I look like I backed off my workouts a hair for a few weeks, and took it a little easier. Perhaps I realized I was pushing too much, I don't recall honestly, but my fitness level started catching up to the fatigue and my TSB was improving, and only in the -10 range for most of April.

As I entered May though, my workouts started getting more involved again and my fatigue started building up more and my TSB once again dropped back to the -20s and I remember feeling a bit tired during this time. At the end of May I tapered down to get ready for my race on june 1st. Even though the race didn't go well for me, my TSB score on that day was +13, and that morning I felt totally fresh. TSB obviously doesn't say much about my ability to handle the weather though so I somewhat crashed and burned I guess.

Since then, I've taken it a bit easy with my workout. I don't really start my next training plan until the end of the month, so the next few weeks I have a few mini-races in there plus just keeping a decent base of running miles. You can see the projection based on what I have put in for my plan, that my TSB should stay somewhere around 0 to -10 up and down until the last week of June, when I start kicking it in again. My fitness level during that time doesn't really climb much, but doesn't decay either, just keeping status quo, but neither does the fatigue.

Into July you can see my fitness start picking up with the harder workouts again.. but the fatigue shoots through the roof once more. By the end of August, the lowest point my TSB gets to a -40 with these projections before I start tapering for a few weeks to get the TSB back to a -6 or so in time for my half marathon I am thinking about running.

Now, in the projections, I may be overestimating the TRIMP values a hair, but I would rather do that than underestimate myself. So far this week, each of my workouts have actually produced TRIMP scores a bit less than my projection, and ideally as my fitness improves that should continue. So I am interested in seeing how the end result works out for me, since this is the first training plan that I have used with the sportstrack stuff.

As a stats/data guy, this type of thing is right up my alley though, I've fallen in love with the software. I have a bunch of various plugins that I have installed that I am using as well:

Elevation Correction
Old Man's Biking Plugins (Has some interesting activity report stuff that can be used for running too)
Performance Predictor
Record Book
Training Analysis
Training Load
Weather Plugin
FitPlan
Withings Wi-Fi Body Scale Sync

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote