View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

June 2013 in review:

I mentioned at the start of the month that I wouldn't run as much as I did in May, being between plans and having a few races during the month meant that i would be keeping a base more than building on one. In the end though, I ended up running almost as much as the previous month still, and had my second month over 100 miles run.

Even though my running was about 20 miles less than in May, my overall cardio went up again this month for a new high of 178.1 miles

Mostly the increased cardio this month was due to the 62 miles of biking that I did which was up almost 20 miles from the previous month.

I didn't do as well in the running June Strava challenge obviously, and my biking place of almost 74 thousandth is pretty laughable However, was a pretty good month for me all things considered, setting new PRs in the 10k and 5k races.

From a weight perspective, slow and steady continues to be the theme..

Lost almost 5 pounds last month which means I could see an official weight below 190 at some point next month hopefully. As of today, I've lost:

So what's next? Time for my next phase in training for a half marathon race in the fall.

The base phase is completed as tomorrow is a rest day for me. The building phase starts up on Tuesday and runs through 7/22 for me. I'll be averaging 31.1 miles per week during this phase, which is actually pretty close to what I ran this week. My long runs the next three weeks will be 9 mi, 10 mi, 8 mi and I'll start my speed work back up with some Fartleks and Hill runs.

The final week of July, my next phase starts and enters into August where the training plan really looks to put in the peak miles as it will be the time where my training influence will be highest for a mid-september race.

So the month of July should have me running roughly 145 miles, which would be an all time high for me. The biggest struggle that i will have is trying to find time to continue biking in there somewhere without it affecting my running. I'll likely try to do some easy biking perhaps on Wednesdays which will be a fairly low distance running day for me each week.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote