View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess it has been a bit over a month since I did an update here..

From the running perspective, I set almost all new monthly records in July all the way across the board:

Those are likely going to be beat again in August as my training plan has even more miles this month, ramping up for my Half Marathon race next month. Towards the end of this month, I'll be running around 45 miles per week which fits my goal of roughly 30% of my weekly distance being the long runs.

For new PRs, since the last time I updated them, pretty much every new one has been beaten. So I updated the first post with all of my new PRs to keep that updated. I think my goal after my half marathon race next month will be to plan an attempt to beat 25 minutes for the 5k and 55 minutes for the 10k. I'm pretty sure, like 90% confident that I could do it now, but I don't have a great place to fit it in my training right now. The next 2-3 weeks are the most vital for me before I start to taper leading up to the race.

I've also started trying to improve my biking more as well. That has been more in the past two weeks though. In 10 days of August thus far I've already biked more than any month previously. 65.4 miles so far this month. I might start thinking about trying to get more serious with the biking, but can't really focus on it currently plus ramp up my running. That is a recipe for wearing myself out. Not really sure how to fit it in any better, but that is something that I want to think about for the future.

From the weight perspective, everything is still going well.. maybe too well actually. I stalled out just slightly during my anniversary trip with the wife in early July for a few days, but once that was over I was back on track for trying to lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week. With serious running training, I really did not want to lose more than that as I did not want to effect the quality of my work outs, and I felt that was a good goal. With my additional running and biking though, I'm still burning through calories too fast and losing weight faster than I really wanted to.

At my current pace, weightgrapher suggests that I'll reach my "goal weight" of 184 pounds by the end of this month. I targeted that weight as it would officially put me in the "Normal" weight category of the BMI chart.

I'm actually only .2 of a pound away from a total of 75 pounds loss though, and am very proud of that. I'll be happy in the low 180s.. I'm happy right now in the high 180s.. I think the next challenge for me once I get below 184 is to figure out where exactly I want to set maintenance weight at and more importantly how to do that.. Something that I have not had to worry about for a long time is making sure that I am eating enough!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote