View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Updated my front page with the results from my Half-Marathon on Sunday. Lots of new records for me at various distances.

I also have achieved all of my running and biking goals that I had listed with the exception of running a 5k in under 25 minutes. So that will be a short term goal I think next on my immediate list.

Based on my run yesterday, my VDOT score would be 38.3, which would be equivalent to a 5k of 25:02. Since the VDOT score is based on my half marathon time, it means both my 5k and 10k VDOT scores are now way out of date. I'm going to guess that without any extra training, I should be able to run below a 25 minute 5k. So I think I'll try to knock that out soon.

For my next long term goals, I'm debating what I want to do next. Originally I had planned on trying to run a marathon before the age of 40, and perhaps try another half-marathon next spring, but I am re-thinking that right now. I might push up the marathon for next Spring, but that means training all winter for it, which should be fun in the snow and ice

I'm guessing with the weather getting colder, I'll become too much of a wimp to ride too far into the winter, so maybe will aim for trying to get a 50 mile ride in, but not sure when I'll achieve that, maybe next year.. or maybe I will just go for a 50 mile ride one day. Who knows~!

For now, going to spend a few weeks enjoying myself, and doing some smaller runs, and going to also go to cheer on some friends in their first half-marathon next month out on Cape Cod too.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote