View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #1384
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

After yesterday's close vote, the office seems to prefer to go back to runaway votes--less stress that way.

After a week of haranguing former Crew member Alan around the office, Passacaglia seems set for his own demise. Shortly before sign off, the Boss calls him into the office and closes the door.

The discussion doesn't last. Passacaglia walks to his desk and quietly starts to put his effects in a box.

Passacaglia has been FIRED! And he was a Wolf! A Cougar!

The time for going home comes and goes, but everyone is still in the office. There is one more firing to go.

The Boss seems to be taking his sweet time, though. He makes no move for the phone, nor does he motion for anyone to come into the office. He goes over some paperwork for a few minutes, then he gathers up his coat and shuts the office light off on his way out the door. He's going home!

Did the Cougars not influence the Boss to fire anyone else today? No one knows for sure.

With some confusion, the remaining workers start to shut down for the night.

Just as Mr. Wednesday finishes shutting his computer down, his employment agency adviser shows up. "Oh, Mr. Wednesday," she said in a rush, "I'm so sorry I was running behind, but I had to catch you. I have some grave news..."

She leads him into a side room, where he is told the Boss decided he wasn't up for letting anyone go today personally, so why not let one of his temps go instead?

Mr. Wednesday has been NIGHT-FIRED by the Cougars! He was a Temp!

The next deadline is WED 10 P.M. EST/ 7 P.M. PDT. I will be home after all, so no need to wait for a late deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote