View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #37
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

2019-20 Season Recap -

Preseason: Manager and Team Status, Yearly Budgets, Board and Media Expectations

My reputation goes up slightly and a couple other ratings see minor changes as well. At the end of the day, the most important number is the big fat goose-egg in the contract column, as I continue to manage this team on a volunteer basis.

Our team's reputation improves to "Average" and our ticket prices see about a 20% increase due to us getting promoted. The wage budget is still zero for our staunchly amateur club - you'll notice above that the chart shows we had a £336 wage budget last year - that was just an in-game glich for year one, as one of our players (accidentally?) had a wage...likely a data error.

Queen's Park will be playing games in Hampden Park, a sprawling 51,866 all-seater, for the last season, as we'll be moving to our training grounds at Lesser Hampden for the 2020-21 season, a more appropriately sized venue for sure. We got our board to improve a couple of things last year, hence the slight increases in Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.

The pundits actually predict a sixth place finish for the coming season, a tad surprising considering the fact we just got promoted and don't have a wage allowance. My board ask me to fight bravely against relegation and I agree, which gives me the following transfer and wage kitty:

2019/20 TRANSFER BUDGET - £0 (Last year: £0)
2019/20 WAGE BUDGET - £0/week (Last year: £0/week)

Oh...right...

We will once again have to be very creative and flexible with our roster and carry extra players at all spots to ensure proper cover for when the bigger teams come calling with promises of real money for our players and coaches.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-07-2020 at 11:41 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote