View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #47
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

May 12, 2020

I get an email from Rotherham United, thanking me for the application but that they've decided to go in a different direction. I find out soon after that they have hired Neal Ardley to take over the job last held by Scott Parker. Another one bites the dust.

Later that day, I notice that Tottenham have fired manager Massimillano Allegri. Tottenham are coming off a 6th place appearance in the Premier League so they won't be playing Champions League football in 20/21 and will have to settle for the Europa League. While this is a job I'd love to have eventually, I know I have no chance so I don't apply for the position, instead just coming out in the press and declaring interest. Needless to say, the press report that comes out ridicules me, saying I have no chance of even being considered. Well, alright then!

May 13, 2020

This is a big day, as four managers get sacked across three leagues of interest.

The Queens Park Rangers finished last in the Championship and will be relegated to League One for the 20/21 season. They fired Tony Pulis as a result. Is this kismet? Leaving Queen's Park in Scotland only to end up at Queens Park outside of London? I immediately apply for the job.

Rochdale also announce that they've fired manager Keith Hill. They finished 22nd in League One and have also been relegated for the upcoming season. Colchester United also fire manager Keith Southern after finishing 12 in League Two.

Finally, Leyton Orient finished 8th in the Vanarama National League and fired Anthony Wright.

I decide to hold off on applying for those last three openings for now.

At this point, I'm the bookies choice to get the Dundee United job so I'm very hopeful to hear some good news soon!

UP-TO-DATE JOB TRACKER

1. Dundee United (Scottish Championship) - APPLIED - INTERVIEWED
2. Norwich City (English Championship) - APPLIED - Hired Carlos Carvalhal
3. Rotherham United (English League One) - APPLIED - Hired Neal Ardley
4. Newport County (English League Two)
5. Tottenham Hotspur (English Premier League) - DECLARE INTEREST
6. Queen's Park Rangers (English League One) - APPLIED
7. Rochdale (English League Two)
8. Colchester United (English League Two)
9. Leyton Orient (English National League)

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-13-2020 at 04:09 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote