View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #1151
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I know you dont care what I think. But you are the one poster on here that I have ever come close to blocking. Every discussion to you is proof of racism. Every offense or grievance is somehow racially related. Im not even sure of your race, nor does it matter.But it is a consistent theme of a dog whistle for you. Everything you oppose is racist.

I simply pointed out that the NRA never misses an opportunity to jump on a news story to defend gun owners and their rights. Whether it's about carry laws, stand your ground, or other issues. They are aggressive in their tone against government officials and people who oppose their stance.

But they get eerily silent when those rights are those of a black person that are being trampled on. It gives the impression that it's an organization that
supports gun rights for white people only. And given their history on issues such as the Mulford Act, it seems that stance has been consistent through time. But maybe it's not about race and you have an explanation for why such a vocal organization goes radio silent when it comes to these cases?

I think talking more about race is simply a sign of where politics are. The ruling party and President ran on a platform largely centered around racial politics. Heck, the President's rise to political fame started with his relentless pushing of the birther conspiracy. Since then he's called neo-nazis "very fine people". Filled his administration with a number of openly racist individuals. Just a couple weeks ago he put out an ad that even Fox News said was too racist to air on their network. I guarantee you if Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio had won the election, we probably wouldn't be talking much about race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'm so old I remember when Rainmaker was a right-leaning libertarian.

I still am in some ways (although not really a big libertarian). Believe in free trade, personal freedoms, and think the national debt is an abomination that we are going to burden our children with. Probably more law and order than most and believe in tighter immigration controls. Also don't think government should be picking winners and losers in business (see Amazon's giant government handout). But the right isn't really for much of that stuff anymore so I don't really know where I'd fall on the political spectrum.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote