View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #1166
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I have yet to see a single proposal or group of proposals that I've seen any credible evidence or logic to think would make significant dent in this issue and, at the same time, doesn't flagrantly violate the 2nd Amendment(such as, for example, a blanket handgun ban). That's true whether you are talking short or decades long-term as some have referenced. If there is such a proposal out there, I'd be totally in favor of it.

I also think that the debate around this blows things out of proportion and is the lastest headline distraction du jour. This will probably be taken as being horribly insensitive by a good many people but I still think it needs to be said - there are so many things that people die of needlessly in astronomically greater numbers than mass shootings, but which don't get a fraction of the attention. I do hope and pray that we make progress on this front - but relatively speaking, it's not deserving of a fraction of the rhetoric that gets spent on it.

I thought there were some studies showing that individual states that have implemented some gun control legislation have seen a reduction in gun deaths, especially in the form o suicides? Chicago/Illinois is a weird case because Chicago is right on the indiana border where it’s extremely easy to obtain a gun. Still on mobile and traveling so hard to look up more.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote