View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #1199
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
So, this week Everytown is recognizing Gun Violence Survivors Week, chosen because the first week of February is when the US passes all other developed nations in per capita gun deaths for an average year.

I was honored to be asked to do a StoryCorps interview with a woman I know whose dad was also a football coach who was killed in a home invasion. We talked about a lot of things, and Everyown put it together into this piece, which I think turned out very well.

Everytown on Twitter: "LISTEN: Stephen Venable & Tiffany Starr remember their fathers, both killed by gun violence. Stephen sees his father in himself: "I catch myself saying things that I know my dad would've said. I'm like oh, yeah, that's Dad." #MomentsThatSurvive @StoryCorps… https://t.co/hBfPKXbP6f"

I dont know how i missed this earlier, but I too wanted to echo what others have already said. I am sorry for such a tragic loss of your family and all the bullshit that you had to go through. Thank you for sharing your story, and kudos for the strength that you carry on with and let us see/hear. I am sticking this in my electronic file for when students are in my office dealing with an issue such as this.

Unfortuantley, we just had one of our former star athletes and his best friend gunned down over $500 worth of weed, and while i dont condone what he was doing while he lost his life, the victims and how they feel and what they are left with are very much real and hurting. Thank you again for your story and for sharing it.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote