View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #139
Izulde
Head Coach

It's been over a year now since I finally decided to take that assistantship at Arkansas and go.

And a year later, despite my anxieties and uncertainties at certain points, I'm glad I took it. It was a great year academically, as I currently have a 4.0 through two semesters and strange as it sounds for me to use the word, professionally. I loved teaching (except grading) and I'd definitely have found it difficult to enjoy working like 20 hours a week in a writing lab or some such thing the first year, like with a lot of other programs. Of course, being highly rated by both the students and my reviewers helps, too.

I'm still trying to figure out my exact thesis topic. I was going to do it on passing and have a readings course set up for it this fall, but I'm not sure that's what I want to do. I do need to decide soon, though.

I also have to brush up on my German and finally take that language proficiency exam to get that out of the way.

And....

I also need to to do some refining of my writing samples. Because I'll be applying for my MFA in Creative Writing at various schools. I know that if I don't, it'll be like Princeton back in high school all over again, where I've been haunted ever since by the question of 'What If?' Sadly, Princeton doesn't have an MFA program or I'd be applying there right quick.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote